Mobile Messaging for Hotels, Restaurants, Bars and Leisure
SMS is perfect for confirming bookings and check-in times. You can also send a text to promote your latest offer, ‘what’s new’ and any special events. Or how about using a simple SMS survey to get customer feedback?
Everyone in this sector wants their guests/clients to enjoy their experience and come back again for repeat business. Ensuring customer satisfaction is paramount and one of the best ways of achieving this is with great communication from start to finish.
A simple text message to confirm the booking, maybe with a discount code for local attractions and 'we look forward to seeing you' is a nice way to start.
Follow this up with a 'thanks for visiting' message and a simple SMS customer satisfaction survey (with the incentive of a discount voucher for a return visit) and you'll be well on the way to repeat business ... plus you'll hopefully have some positive feedback to add to your marketing.
Mobile Marketing Ideas
- Tell your clients about special events
- If your hotel has a restaurant, pool or golf facilities, promote these - particularly during the quieter months
- SMS a link to your ‘new’ menu – include a short code so they can book there and then
- Send information about new services – babysitting, new in-house hairdresser, new fitness classes etc.
- If you are in a beautiful location, share that – put some images on your website and include a link to them. Inspire people to visit!
- Promote events in your location, recommend shopping experiences, museums, excursions, etc. Tie this in with an all-in-one weekend package.
Keep building your contact lists
The strength of Mobile marketing is that it instantly delivers your message, but only to opted-in customers ... Bearing this in mind, you always need to always be building your contact list. Some simple ways to do this are:
- Add an SMS news subscribe opt-in to your website
- Mention the benefits of subscribing to text message updates and include a short code on you social media channels
- If you only have email contacts, email them and ask them to opt-in to receive SMS Mobile communications - Offer an incentive to do so
- Include an SMS keyword and a short code on all of your printed material and signage, so people can see it in hotel rooms, at reception, on flyers, business cards, signs etc.
Not got the time? We can run your SMS Marketing campaigns for you!
Our in-house text team provide a Mobile Messaging Campaign Service. Give us a shout to discuss your needs.
SMS Marketing Success Stories
Here's how Text Messaging has helped businesses in the Leisure Sector:
Over a 15 month period, a well-known pizza chain setup virtual, half-mile radius geofences around each of their 340 restaurants and ran a GPS triggered SMS marketing campaign. Every consumer in possession of a GPS activated device entering the geofenced area received a promotional SMS from the chain.
- An average 142 percent efficiency gain in increasing incremental sales over other marketing channels
- SMS was 4.4 times more effective than TV ads
- SMS was 2.6 times more effective than online ads
A prestigious motor racing circuit used SMS marketing to promote ticket sales for the British Grand Prix.
They timed the communication to coincide with the end of the BBC’s coverage of the Monaco Grand Prix; sending it to their opted-in database of 45,000 people who had previously purchased an F1 ticket or had expressed an interest in attending future events.
The text message said “Enjoyed the Monaco Grand Prix? Get your tickets to the British Grand Prix now! [Link to registration] To opt out text STOP to 60070″.
- This single text message generated a return on investment (ROI) of 680% for the company.
A very well-known cider producer ran a mobile marketing campaign in the UK over a four week period, targeting males between the ages of 18 and 34 living within a half-mile radius of over 1,000 pubs selling their cider.
The text message included a link which pointed the recipient in the direction of their nearest cider.
- Over the four week period, 77,000 text messages were sent out
- 50 % of the recipients clicked the link in the text message
- 53 % of recipients surveyed after the campaign remembered receiving the SMS message from the company
- 25 %of recipients purchased a cider from the suggested pub
- 53 % purchased a cider from another pub recommended in the text message link
Interested? Talk to us ...
We can integrate SMS into any of your systems and workflows.
Send and receive text messages from within your familiar email software - no need for extra training or equipment.
(Or use our unique online interface)
Give ProcessFlows a call on 01962 835053, or click here to sign up for a free account now and get started.